Friday, March 5, 2010

Flashmob

.
In addition to the post on the Olympic medals (see post below this), I thought I would post about the flash mob of Olympic proportions that took place in downtown Vancouver just before the Games got going.

I had heard it was coming but wasn't sure what to expect and I didn't have my camera on hand that day. I came across a youtube video of the event (it's posted below). Check it out, it's kinda cool.

Organizers from Imagine-1-Day, a charitable organization, gathered over 3,000 people on Robson Street between Bute and Thurlow for a choreographed dance. Besides disrupting traffic with a joyous, happy crowd (a trend over the Olympics), it was a sight to behold.

The organizers set things up through Facebook and posted video of the dance months in advance so participants could learn it. The crowd then gathered and danced to Martha and the Vandellas' 'Dancing in the Street.' Here is the link, the video doesn't quite fit the page below.

==================

Email: village_whisperer@live.ca
Click 'comments' below to contribute to this post.

Please read disclaimer at bottom of blog.

3 comments:

  1. Cool. I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish they were celebrating Canada becoming debt free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Canada were debt free, they would be dancing in the stores.

    ReplyDelete