- "we are raising our gold price forecasts to $1,645/toz, $1,730/toz, and $1,860/toz on a 3, 6, and 12-month horizon, respectively."
- The Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors of the G7 on Monday made the following statement ahead of the opening of trade in Asian markets and following the downgrade of U.S. debt on Friday. "In the face of renewed strains on financial markets, we, the Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors of the G-7, affirm our commitment to take all necessary measures to support financial stability and growth in a spirit of close cooperation and confidence. We are committed to addressing the tensions stemming from the current challenges on our fiscal deficits, debt and growth, and welcome the decisive actions taken in the US and Europe."
- "The S&P decision to cut U.S. credit rating shows stunning lack of knowledge about basic U.S. fiscal budget math."
- "the situation is ultimately unsustainable. The longer it continues, the more violent and destructive the final adjustment will be."
- "What losses is China willing to bear in its foreign exchange reserves in order to slow the pace of the renminbi appreciation?"
- "The danger for China is that it does not learn the right lesson - namely, that now is the time to end its dependency on the US dollar."
Click 'comments' below to contribute to this post.